Exchange Choices

Lund University, Sweden (2022-23 Fall)

LEUNG, Suet Ying

Download Exchange Report

Useful Information

Other Notes
Visa/Resident Permit

The Swedish Migration Agency is introducing new procedures for stricter checks of passports in connection with application for a residence permit. From 1 November, applicants for a resident permit must show their passport at an in-person visit before the Swedish Migration Agency can make a decision.

Details of the rule can be found from Swedish Migration Agency’s website at
With this new rule, students who can enter Sweden without visa may now need to visit the Swedish Consulate General/ Embassy in which they currently reside. Students who are required to show the original passports will be contacted by the Swedish Migration Agency on the appointment booking. The applications will be known only after the passports are checked. Besides, they are asked not to enter Sweden before receiving the decisions.
Since Swedish Consulate General in Hong Kong no longer provides visa services, it’s very likely that students who are contacted by the Swedish Migration Agency will need to go the Swedish Consulate General in Beijing or Shanghai only.

Students choosing Swedish Institutions for exchange must bear this, and the associated risks in mind.

Course Registration
Exchange students are allowed to take 30 ECTS credits which is around 4 courses. With approval, students may be able to add 1 extra course of 5 or 7.5 ECTS credits, but whether successful or not will depend on availability.

Effective from Spring 2020 Exchange, undergraduate students on exchange to Lund will not be able to choose graudate-level courses.

Useful Links

10 reasons to choose Lund University School of Economics and Management
Lund Innovation district-2023
Video about studying Business, Economics and Management at LUSEM
Video about studying in Lund as an international student

Possible Quota: 3-4